Commercial Fridges are used consistently throughout a business’s day. The doors are repeatedly opened and closed numerous times. What do you wish to store in your fridge and how often is the fridge is used?
The factors that we consider to be important when choosing a commercial fridge are listed below:
Will it Fit?
- Height, Weight and Width of a Commercial fridge is an important factor when choosing a commercial fridge. Will it fit your space? Will it fit through the doors of the area you would like the fridge to be stored in? There is nothing worse than ordering a commercial fridge and it won’t fit through your doors or in the space that you require it to go in. Make sure you measure correctly.
- Dependent on your requirement for your commercial refrigerator will determine how much space you require for your food or drinks. Smaller capacity will equal smaller space. Bigger capacity, bigger space. However, remember the bigger your fridge the more running costs. So be vigilant in deciding on what your needs are. If you get a bigger fridge and don’t use it effectively to store bulk products it will cost you more in the long run. Go too small and you might be screaming for that extra space on busier days.
- If you’re looking for a Commercial Fridge in Australia, then Ambient Temperature is an important factor to consider when choosing your fridge! Especially in our long hot summer’s. The higher the ambient temp or your fridge the better. If you plan to store your fridge in a store room with no aircon or limited ventilation then you will need a fridge with a higher ambient temp! Why! Most Commercial Fridges are rated at 43 degree ambient temp, but there is some commercial fridges that their ambient temp ranges from 35-43 degrees, each fridge is different. If you put a 35 degree ambient temp fridge in a store room on a hot summer’s day your commercial fridge will need to work twice as hard to stay cool and often enough it will not cope and your commercial fridge will fault.
Self Closing Doors
- Self Closing doors are a must in any retail outlet where customers have access to drinks/food fridges, sometimes customers can accidentally leave doors open when selecting their products and if you don’t notice then your commercial fridge starts to become warm and so does your food and drinks. Unfortunately, this can also be the same situation with your staff as well so self closing doors are essential.
- In choosing your commercial fridge it is also important to consider the warranty. A longer warranty is more beneficial to you and also the brand that you are choosing is confident in the quality of their product. However, in order for a fridge to maintain its effectiveness and durability you must have it serviced regularly or you can void your warranty.
At the end of the day, the choice is yours! Make the decision based on your needs for your commercial business.
These are just some of the factors that we consider to be useful when looking to purchase a commercial fridge. If you would like to chat more to a commercial refrigeration company who is always willing to assist their customers, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.